Thursday, December 29, 2022

Your Creative New Years Goals, Resolutions, and Making them Concrete

Many folks see the change from one year to another as a chance to set some new goals, like get in shape.

A goal gets achieved by setting a resolution - like, to get in shape, I'm going to go to the gym more.

And then, that resolution has to be made concrete: I'm putting time in my calendar to work out this upcoming Monday at 6pm.

So here's a chance to set your 'Creative' New Years Goals, Resolutions, and make them concrete...


What do you want to do for yourself, creatively, in 2023?

What's your goal? What's your resolution to achieve that goal? How can you make that concrete?

For me, the creative goal I want to achieve is to write the first draft of a new YA novel.

My resolution is that I'm going to put time into it every day, using Linda Sue Parks' brilliant 12-minute writing sprint advice.

I'm making it concrete by working my way through Lisa Cron's excellent "Story Genius: How to Use Brain Science to Go Beyond Outlining and Write a Riveting Novel" - I'm on chapter 12, and really enjoying working through the exercises as I go.

Your turn: 

What's your creative goal for 2023?
What's your resolution to achieve that goal?
How can you make that concrete?

Illustrate, Translate, and Write On, and YES -- Happy New Year!
Lee

No comments: