First Book--a nonprofit organization that annually provides millions of books to schools and programs serving children from low-income families--is giving away more than 125,000 brand-new books (donated by generous publishers) to low-income teen readers.
Organizations serving such teens must register with First Book so they can be matched with available inventory during the holiday season.
Here’s are a few ways you can help spread the news about the First Book campaign:
- Post about the giveaway on Facebook
- Tweet about it using the hashtag #novelgift
- Link to First Book's registration page
- Link to my post or this post on the readergilz blog
- Get in touch groups that work with young adults--schools, after-school programs, church youth groups, community centers, etc.--and let them know that these books are available now
- Groups can register in about 5 minutes via this link.
First Book will answer any questions by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (866-READ-NOW or 866-732-3669).