Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tina Nichols Coury's Road To Her Debut Picture Book

I chatted with debut picture book author Tina Nichols Coury about her journey from the idea and starting to work on her story to having "Hanging Off Jefferson's Nose: Growing Up On Mount Rushmore" in her hands (and in stores!)

Here's what she said...



Tina's Debut Picture Book, Illustrated by Sally Wern Comport


Congratulations, Tina!

And thanks for the reminder that perseverance and hard work pay off!

Illustrate and Write On,
Lee

1 comment:

Lucy R said...

Thanks Lee for this interview! I love reminders that publishing is possible and just takes a lot of perseverance. I have been writing seriously for 3 years now working on PBs and it seems like a long time, but when I see how long it takes most people then I don't worry and just keep writing and learning. I'm on submission #44 and still hopeful that one of these days someone will love my work as much as I do. : )