Tuesday, January 4, 2022

A New Plan For 2022 - Guest Bloggers!

Hello SCBWI Community! Lee Wind here. 

Lee Wind


In the years I've been blogging for SCBWI: The Blog, I've tried to make it all about inspiration, opportunity, craft, business, and community for those of us who create content for children and teens. 

In the illustration, translation, and writing you do for young people, I've hoped to: 

  • Inspire you
  • Offer you opportunities
  • Share craft tips and insights
  • Expand your understanding of the business of children's book publishing
  • And offer you a place in the SCBWI community that honors, reflects, and celebrates the diversity of both you and the world young people are growing up in today

Being the official blogger for SCBWI has been and continues to be an honor and a privilege, and yet, when it comes to reflecting diversity there's only so much that my single lens can offer. I'm a writer, not a translator or illustrator. I'm the Caucasian child of immigrants, I'm Gay, I'm a vegetarian, I'm a Jewish spiritual atheist... As much as I try to make posts relevant and interesting for many, I have a very specific perspective - like any individual.

So, I'm delighted to announce that starting this month (January 2022), SCBWI: The Blog will be hosting different monthly guest bloggers. I'll be sharing posts on Tuesdays, and our guest bloggers will be sharing posts on Thursdays.

First up as our January 2022 guest blogger is author Karol Ruth Silverstein.

Karol Ruth Silverstein

Karol is a friend, a long-time member of SCBWI, and the winner of the 2020 Schneider Family Book Award for her debut YA novel, Cursed. She's brilliant, an activist for the disabled community, and I can't wait to see where she shines the SCBWI: The Blog spotlight next.

So here's to an amazing 2022 ahead where we celebrate each other as we're on this adventure together.

Illustrate, Translate, and Write On,
Lee

p.s. - I'm putting together the guest blogger roster for 2022 throughout the month of January. If you'd like to be considered for a guest blogging spot, you're welcome to email me some blog post examples and a few topics you would want to address at: leewind (at) roadrunner (dot) com.

No comments: