Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Goals for 2019: Gratitude as Preparation

There's been a meme going around on social media, list five things you love about your current work-in-progress.




I think this is a great exercise to remind ourselves about the heart of our story, and to keep us on-track as we go through the process of conceptualizing, drafting, and revising!

To not ask you something I wouldn't do myself, I'll go first — oh, and remember, there's no right or wrong answer. This is for YOU, and you don't even need to share it (but, of course, you're welcome to share it here in comments or on social media if you'd like.)

Lee's List of 5 Things I Love About My Current Work-In-Progress

1. I love the multiple meanings of my working title
2. I love that it's an action-adventure with gay teen main characters
3. I love that there's a romance
4. I love that it references a genre I love
5. I love both of my main characters, and for different reasons.

It's a useful compass for the journey ahead.

So, as we look forward to our creative work in 2019, consider making a list of the five things you love most about your current work-in-progress.

Illustrate and Write On,
Lee

1 comment:

Unknown said...

5 Things I love about my current work in Progress
Which one is my first question? Haha, but I'll go with my story Le Flaneur, A Hippie's Guide To Paris in the 21st Century
1. I feel like I've been waiting to do this my whole life!
2. I'm painting from photos I took in PARIS myself!
3. I'm painting real modern artists and metropolitan scenes from contemporary PARIS.
4. I've learned so much about sketching and painting in the last 2 months I think then I have in my whole life.
5. Kindle Direct Publishing makes it so easy to create I can print as many as I like or sell, one at a time!
IDK does it get any better then that?
Thanks Lee always for your great inspiration!