SCBWI received more than 500 entries for this year’s Work-in-Progress Grants (which are underwritten by Amazon.com). The judges, who found the batch of entries to be the strongest they'd seen, included SCBWI Board Members Pat Cummings, Jim Giblin, QL Pearce and Linda Sue Park; editor Louise May; and authors Robin Benway, Kathleen Duey, Bruce Hale, Pat Mora, and Susan Rubin. First Readers were Virginia Frances Schwartz, Vicki Berger Erwin, Kim L. Siegelson, and Nancy Antle. SCBWI's Kim Turrisi coordinated.
Winners in five categories received $2000 grants; runners-up received $500. Here are the 2010 WIP Grant recipients:
Multicultural:Congratulations to all the winners!
- Winner: Rilla Jaggia for SANDALWOOD AND STONE
- Runner Up: Frances Lee Hall for PAPER SUN
- Winner: Kerry McGee for STAND, BOY
- Runner Up: Kathleen Fox for THE DOG
- Winner: Alexandra Siy for EPIC TREES: A JOURNEY THROUGH TIME WITH THE BRISTLECONE PINE
- Runner Up: Laurie Wallmark for ADA BYRON LOVELACE: NOT A PROPER LADY
- Winner: Kristen Lippert-Martin for THE MIRACLE CONSPIRACY
- Runner Up: Ingrid Sundberg for VIRGIN
- Winner: Elizabeth Gittens for THE BIOGRAPHY OF SUFFRAGIST AND ABOLITIONIST LUCY STONE (Nonfiction)
- Runner Up: Kara Bietz for UNDISCLOSED (Contemporary)
Applications for 2011 WIP Grants are available on scbwi.org. All SCBWI members, with the exception of past winners, may apply.
Huge congratulations to all the winners ... looking forward to seeing those titles on the shelves someday soon!
Do you know whether SCBWI will be posting the Letter of Merit recipients as well?
Congrats to everyone, but especially Rilla! It's so nice to see someone I know listed there!!
Post a Comment