After blogging for four years as editor of Children's Writer's & Illustrator's Market (a position I just left), next week I'll begin blogging full force for SCBWI! (Please pardon our dust--we're still under construction.)
This blog will be similar to my last--but more so. I'll post a little more frequently and include more SCBWI news. And, as a member of SCBWI TEAM BLOG, you'll find pre-conference news and interviews here as well (leading up to the Annual Summer Conference which starts July 30th. Click here to register.)
Here are a few things I'll be doing regularly on my SCBWI blog:
- Interviewing editors and agents
- Featuring SCBWI success stories/debut authors and illustrators
- Highlighting great industry blogs
- Featuring markets/new markets/new imprints
- Getting your questions answered by industry experts
- Reporting on SCBWI news and events
- Hosting writers stopping by on blog tours
- Sharing my favorite tweets for children's writers
- Offering general publishing news
- And more!
- If you followed my old blog, please follow my new one, too!
- If you're a debut author or illustrator--especially if SCBWI had a part in your success--I'd love to hear from you.
- If you have publishing-related questions you'd like answered here, let me know.
- If you're embarking on a blog tour and would like to stop by, drop me a note.
- If there's a particular editor or agent you'd like to see featured, I'll take requests.
Now I'm going to take a few days to gear up. (I just left my job of 18 years--a girl deserves a few days...)
Come back Monday, May 10th when Alice Pope's SCBWI Children's Market Blog officially kicks off. (There might be cake. And fanfare.)