The Crystal Kite Awards are given by the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators each year to recognize great books from 15 regional SCBWI divisions around the world. Along with the SCBWI Golden Kite Awards, the Crystal Kite Awards are chosen by other children’s book writers and illustrators, making them the only peer-given awards in publishing for young readers. Each member of SCBWI is allowed to vote for their favorite book from a nominated author in their region that was published in the previous calendar year.
Today is the last day of Round 2 voting, where you vote on your favorite of the five books in your region that received the highest number of votes in Round 1.
The 15 regions are:
· West (Washington/Oregon/Alaska/Idaho/Montana/North Dakota/South Dakota)
· Southwest (Nevada/Arizona/Utah/Colorado/Wyoming/New Mexico)
· Midwest (Minnesota/Iowa/Nebraska/Wisconsin/Illinois/Michigan/Indiana/Ohio)
· New England (Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire. Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island)
· New York
· Atlantic (Pennsylvania/Delaware/New Jersey/Wash DC/Virginia/West Virginia/Maryland)
· Mid-South (Kansas/Louisiana/Arkansas/Tennessee/Kentucky/Missouri)
· Southeast (Florida/Georgia/South Carolina/North Carolina/Alabama/Mississippi)
· Middle East/India/Asia
· Australia/New Zealand
· The Americas (Canada/Mexico/Central & South America)
So how do you vote?
Go to scbwi.org and sign in with your email address and password.
Click on the "See what's going on in your region!" link on your Member Home Page.
Click on the tab that says "Crystal Kite."
Check out the top five books from your Regional Division and vote for the one book of your choice.
Note: This option is ONLY available during the voting period.
Go here to read all the rules and details!