The annual Crystal Kite Award is a peer-given award to recognize great books from 15 SCBWI regional divisions around the world.
Note that you must be an SCBWI member to vote, and you may only vote for a book that is in your own division. Those 15 divisions are:
· Atlantic (Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey, Washington DC, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland)
· California, Hawaii
· Midsouth (Kansas, Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, Missouri, Mississippi, Louisiana)
· Midwest (Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio)
· New England (Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire. Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island)
· New York
· Southeast (Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Alabama)
· Southwest (Nevada, Arizona, Utah, Southern Idaho, Colorado, Wyoming, New Mexico)
· Texas, Oklahoma
· West (Washington, Northern Idaho, Oregon, Alaska, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota)
· Australia, New Zealand
· Europe, Latin America, Africa
· Middle East, India, Asia
· United Kingdom, Ireland
Here are the voting instructions, from the Crystal Kite Awards Q&A page:
When voting begins there will be a link to vote from your “My Home” page.Round Two Voting will take place May 1 – May 13, 2020.
Please note that you must be logged in to vote.
You can only vote for the titles in YOUR Division.
You can only vote ONCE in each round.
To cast your vote:
log on to www.scbwi.org. Once you are on your Member Home page, go to the left navigation bar, scroll to the bottom and click on Vote in the Crystal Kite Awards. That takes you right to the voting page where all of the books in your Division appear. Then click the VOTE FOR THIS BOOK button below your chosen book and you are done!
Illustrate, and Write, and Vote On,