I think this is a great exercise to remind ourselves about the heart of our story, and to keep us on-track as we go through the process of conceptualizing, drafting, and revising!
To not ask you something I wouldn't do myself, I'll go first — oh, and remember, there's no right or wrong answer. This is for YOU, and you don't even need to share it (but, of course, you're welcome to share it here in comments or on social media if you'd like.)
Lee's List of 5 Things I Love About My Current Work-In-Progress
1. I love the multiple meanings of my working title
2. I love that it's an action-adventure with gay teen main characters
3. I love that there's a romance
4. I love that it references a genre I love
5. I love both of my main characters, and for different reasons.
It's a useful compass for the journey ahead.
So, as we look forward to our creative work in 2019, consider making a list of the five things you love most about your current work-in-progress.
Illustrate and Write On,