Thursday, May 25, 2017

Words of Pay-It-Forward Inspiration From Bram Stoker Award-winning author Jonathan Maberry



"...there really isn’t any competition in the writing biz, however too many writers are reluctant or even afraid to give advice to newbies for fear that they’re helping the upstart who might displace them. That’s nonsense. In truth, if we encourage new writers to enter the business, but to enter it with their A-game, bringing quality writing to market, then that will attract more readers. If a reader is drawn to a piece of writing it’s like getting hooked on crack. Once they have a taste they’re hooked, and they’ll keep coming back for more. So, the more good writers in the business, the more readers we’ll hook.

And, on a more personal level, I absolutely LOVE what I do. I can’t imagine a better job. Why wouldn’t I want everyone I know to have as much fun as I’m having? A pool party is more fun when a lot of kids are in there splashing around with you." - Jonathan Maberry

What a great mindset!

You can read Gretchen Haertsch's full interview with Jonathan at the Birth of a Novel blog here.

Illustrate and Write On,
Lee

No comments: