Thursday, March 16, 2017
SCBWI Books For Readers
It's SCBWI's new literacy initiative, aimed at increasing book access, promoting SCBWI authors and illustrators, and advancing the mission of SCBWI: to support the creation and availability of quality children’s books around the world.
Here's the elevator pitch:
1. Wherever they are in the world, members nominate a local cause or organization in desperate need of books for children and young adults.
2. One or two recipient organizations are chosen.
3. SCBWI members donate their published books to SCBWI Headquarters (including reaching out to your publishers about available ARCs, overstocks, and other copies that could be donated.)
4. Two large-scale celebrations will happen in the recipient's regions.
5. The books get into readers hands, building dreams and changing lives.
You can find out all the details at the SCBWI Books For Readers webpage here. The deadline for nominations is April 30, 2017.
Illustrate and Write On!