Want your PAL book published in 2014 included for consideration for the Crystal Kite Member Choice Award?
Christopher Cheng, author, SCBWI Board member and Crystal Kite Member Choice Awards Coordinator, explains how:
1. Click here http://www.scbwi.org/crystal-kite-award-guidelines/ to familiarize yourself with the guidelines for the Crystal Kite Member Choice Awards.
2. Make sure that your SCBWI membership is current! Only current members of SCBWI are eligible for the Crystal Kite Member Choice Awards. Not sure when your membership expires? Log in at www.scbwi.org and click on "Membership Renewal." Your member expiration date will be shown at the top of that page.
3. Log in at www.scbwi.org and update your publication information! Be sure to enter the name and publication year of your most recent book. Then, choose your publisher from one of the drop-down menus. For more detailed information, go to http://www.scbwi.org/crystal-kite-award-guidelines/. If you have any trouble updating, feel free to call the SCBWI offices at 323-782-1010 during business hours (9 AM - 5:00 PM, Pacific daylight time Monday - Friday) and someone will be happy to assist you.
4. Already entered your book? There will be a preview period from March 21-April 1 during which you can verify your book has been entered properly. If it is not, it may be that your membership is not current, it does not have a 2014 publication date, or you did not list a PAL publisher. Again, you can always contact our office if you are having issues.
5. We want you to promote and publicize the Crystal Kite Awards and remind people to vote! We just can't allow promotion or publicizing of individual titles. For example, you can tweet, Facebook and otherwise state: "Don't forget to vote for your favorite in the Crystal Kite Awards"!..or words to that effect. However, publicizing a specific title will lead to disqualification of that title.
Don't forget to read through the Crystal Kites Member Choice Awards page http://www.scbwi.org/awards/crystal-kite-member-choice-award/ where you will find further information, dates for each round, and the Frequently Asked Questions page http://www.scbwi.org/awards/crystal-kite-member-choice-award/crystal-kite-frequently-asked-questions/ .
We are very excited about the 2014 Crystal Kite Member Choice Awards!
Illustrate and Write On,