Tuesday, April 8, 2014
Calling All SCBWI Members: It's Time To Vote For The Crystal Kite Member Choice Awards!
The annual Crystal Kite Award is a peer-given award to recognize great books from 15 SCBWI regional divisions around the world.
First round voting is open now until April 14, and you may only vote for a book that is in your division. Every member gets to vote for just one book!
The fifteen divisions:
· California, Hawaii
· West (Washington, northern Idaho, Oregon, Alaska, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota)
· Southwest (Nevada, Arizona, Utah, southern Idaho, Colorado, Wyoming, New Mexico)
· Midwest (Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio)
· New England (Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire. Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island)
· New York
· Texas, Oklahoma
· Atlantic (Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey, Wash DC, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland)
· Mid-South (Kansas, Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, Missouri)
· Southeast (Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana)
· UK, Ireland
· Middle East, India, Asia
· Australia, New Zealand
· Other International
Second round voting will open April 18 - April 30.
Remember that if your book is entered you may promote the award on social media and to personal friends but you may not:
- Send emails to people you do not know to promote your book
- Use the SCBWI messaging system to promote your book
- Use any SCBWI discussion board or listserve to promote your book
Doing any of these will immediately flag your book for deletion in the Crystal Kite Awards.
Good luck to everyone who has entered - and go vote now!
Illustrate and Write On,