The ranking measures the extent that the job "requires the worker to compete or to be aware of competitive pressures." Each job is scored on a scale of zero to 100, with a score above 75 denoting a job that's extremely competitive:
1. Choreographers Competitiveness score: 96
2. Poets, Lyricists and Creative Writers Competitiveness score: 95
3. Athletes and Sports Competitors Competitiveness score: 94
4. Sales Agents, Securities and Commodities Competitiveness score: 93
5. Sound Engineering Technicians Competitiveness score: 89
6. Makeup Artists, Theatrical and Performance Competitiveness score: 88
7. Music Composers and Arrangers Competitiveness score: 88
8. Real Estate Sales Agents Competitiveness score: 88
9. Coaches and Scouts Competitiveness score: 87
10. Agents and Business Managers of Artists, Performers, and Athletes Competitiveness score: 85
Did you catch that?
Poets and Creative Writers are #2.
We have the SECOND most competitive jobs in the USA. Wow. That's excellent to use the next time a stockbroker tries to complain about how stressful their job is! (It also makes me wonder how many of us writers practice yoga or meditate.)
The above is a fun statistic to know about, but how crazy is it that "U.S. President" didn't make the top ten?
Illustrate and Write On,
ps - Thanks to my Dad for the heads-up, and link.